Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3 of 11 in 2011 Blog Challenge: Favorite Work-out Tips


Okay these work-out tips will come from the honest perspective of someone who said "going to the gym" is one of their New Year's resolutions...

one. Motivation is key! If I didn't have my boyfriend to nag me to go to the gym with him, I would constantly tell myself that I could go another day or I was too busy at the moment. It's important to have someone in your life that will help you stick to your goal and tell you when you are being lazy.

two. Goals need to be established before deciding on a workout routine. Are you trying to lose weight? Are you trying to tone your body? Different workouts lead to different results so doing your research or consulting someone that knows what they are doing is important.

three. Coming from someone that is now on an "eliminate fast food" diet; diet is an important part of working out. For people that want to lose weight, diet has a HUGE impact on your results. Overall, diet and exercise go hand in hand so be conscious of both.

I can't wait to read some other work-out tips from y'all! I am going to the gym today for the first time this year :)

6 comments:

  1. Great tips! You're so lucky to have your boyfriend be your workout buddy! Timmy was mine for like a month, and then he quit! I am also trying to eliminate fast food from my diet, but it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good workout session!
    Motivation is so the key!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that diet plays a huge part of overall health. I'm really trying to make sure that I put good things into my body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! Diet is very important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eliminating fast food!! I just need to get more healthy food in the house now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're right about the huge role that diet plays in the whole process. Good luck with the no fast food diet! I'm doing Weight Watchers...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Have a wonderful day :)